- Nail Wrap Pro Tips
- Nail Wrap Survey
- FAQ: Nail Wraps
Approximately 7,000 light years away from Earth in the constellation Serpens is a young, open cluster of stars commonly called the Eagle Nebula. It contains several active star-forming dust and gas regions, one of which, the Pillars of Creation, is pictured on these wraps. Whether you're a full-fledged astronomy buff or an occasional stargazer, these wraps are sure to showcase your interest - and they'll even glow in the dark when you're out watching the skies!
Acetic Ether, Nitrocellulose, Glue, Acrylic Acid, Noctilucent Powder, Titanium Pigment, Isopropyl Alcohol
Nerd Manicure Pro-Tips:
- Nerd manicure only takes 10 minutes and a nail file to apply; no heat gun, special adhesive, or drying time required!
- Can be applied over natural nails, gels, shellac, and acrylic, and lasts 2 weeks with a top coat.
- Remove by peeling of like a sticker. Any left behind adhesive can be taken off with vegetable or coconut oil.
- Each set comes with 14 stickers to assure you have the size you need, and are latex-free, cruelty-free, and 5-free!
- Check out our YouTube video tutorial
- Do you have MOAR questions? We have answers on our FAQ page
The nerd manicure isn’t your everyday manicure. It’s a statement. It’s a declaration. It says, “I traverse universes! I run with droids! I accept all mudbloods! It means that we continually draw inspiration from our favorite fandoms, comics, games, movies, shows, and all things that glitter and inject these passions directly into our nail art. Discover the various treasures and Easter eggs hidden in our nail wraps! Some are more obvious than others and some are only detectable by the most vigilant of nerds. Either way, our Glitter Jedi says, “These are the nail wraps you’re looking for.”
Because our fans are simply the best! If we had the talent, we would write an 80’s rock ballad about them. Until then, this pretty much sums up our feels…
Quite possibly the manliest thing one can do apart from slaying a mighty Rancor. You join an elite club amongst the likes of Wil Wheaton, Taliesin Jaffe (Percy from Critical Role), Nicholas Brendon (Xander from Buffy the Vampire Slayer), and the amazing Rob Paulsen (the voice of Yakko, Pinky, Raphael, and many more!) simply by sporting some Espionage nail wraps! Take your gallantry one step further and hashtag pictures of your audaciously embellished man hands with #MENicureEC!
Unfortunately, since the fall of Gondolin, we haven’t been able to secure the knowledge required to infuse our nail wraps with orc/goblin radar. We continue to work on this feature. In the meantime, enjoy the +25% movement speed that our nail wraps grant the wearer. You’re sure to be zipping around in excitement admiring that new nerd manicure!
If this is the first time that you are using our nail wraps, it may take you 20ish minutes. Once you have leveled up and properly allocated your skills points, it should only take you about ten minutes. Or if you’re a force of nature like our PR & Social Media Oracle, Christal, well then…her current record for a full set of applied nail wraps is four minutes and thirty-six seconds.
In the prototype and testing phase, use of the Infinity Gauntlet and a single unicorn hair was required. This method proved to be a bit extreme and Princess Sparkle Hooves greatly frowned upon it. Since then, we have remedied our ways and now it only takes a nail file and ten minutes to properly apply!
Take a gander at our Nerd Misfit Nail Wrap Tutorial or watch the always lovely Marisha Ray show you how to use our nail wraps in this Tutorial by Loot Crate. If you don’t feel like video’ing, then follow along with this super high-tech comic strip!
It isn’t required, but it will dramatically extend the life of your nerd manicure for up to two weeks. We highly recommend just a single layer of top coat!
As a general rule, we’ve found that a number of the fast dry top coats react poorly with our nail wraps and may damage your nerd manicure before you’ve had time to enjoy it! Below we have compiled a list of recommended top coats, as well as top coats that haven’t meshed well with our nail wraps and should be avoided. If you would like to see a particular top coat added to this list, please send us an email at Support@EspionageCosmetics.com with your personal experiences. We’d like to keep this list as updated as possible!
Nerd Misfit Approved – Yaaaaaas!
- Beauty Secrets Top Coat
- Essie Gel Setter Top Coat
- FingerPaints Endless Wear Top Coat
- Formula X Shine Nail Top Coat
- Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Enamel
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish Top Coat
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Wild Shine Top Coat
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Wild Matte Top Coat
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Glitter Top Coat
Bad Mojo – Nope. Nope. Nope.
- China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat
- INM Out the Door Fast Drying Top Coat
- Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat
- Revlon Extra Life No Chip Top Coat
- Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Base & Top Coat
- Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield Base & Top Coat
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
- Essie No Chips Ahead
Gnaw them off! Just kidding. You simply peel them off like you would a Lisa Frank sticker. If there is any leftover residue then you can use coconut, vitamin E, or vegetable oil to remove it. Be gone!
This varies based on the amount of glittery, glow-y, or foiled excellence that is infused within the nail wrap in question. This detailed information can be found on our website under the product description. It can also be found on all of the product packaging itself.
Is there such thing as TOO much glitter? NO! Are our nail wraps latex free? YES! What did one question have to do with the other? NOTHING!
Yes, they are! Here are five points on what 5-free actually means:
- They are made WITHOUT three common chemicals found in nail polishes: Toluene, Dibutyl, Phthalate (DBP), and Formaldehyde.
- They are also made WITHOUT two other chemicals that can be harmful: Formaldehyde Resin and Camphor.
- We ran out of points. SCIENCE FTW!
Currently, we have the one standard size, but each package contains seven different nail sizes that can be easily trimmed to a manageable size (sizes include: 10mm, 11.5mm, 13mm, 14.5mm, 16mm, and 17.5mm). There are two of each size in every package! (Helpful hint: Use the smaller sizes as a template! We’ve found it’s easier to trace around them first and then cut them down for simpler application.)
The Nerd Misfits are continually sciencing and brainstorming ways to improve your nerd makeup and manicure experiences! Keep an eye out for further developments in this area. Anything is possible within the grand halls of the Clubhouse of Fandom & Glitter!
There are typically two reasons that this could be happening. There is a clear protective layer over each nail wrap that is sometimes hard to detect, please be sure to remove it first! If you have recently applied lotion or fried bacon (mmmm…bacon), then this could have an adverse effect on the adhesion of the wraps. Clean up those greasy mitts and wipe down your nail beds with a product heavy on isopropyl alcohol and be sure to start with a clean slate!
If you’re still having troubles, then please do not hesitate to contact the Nerd Misfists at Support@EspionageCosmetics.com!
Easter eggs are hidden references to the fandoms that we adore that are specially integrated into our products and packaging in the most curious of ways. Only the most discerning of Whovians/Vault Hunters/Scientists/Spartans/Cosplayers/Trekkies/Anglophiles/Billionaire Superheroes/Comic Book Aficionados/Otaku/ and Azeroth-ians will appreciate these finds! See if you can coax them out of hiding!
*Please do not eat the Easter eggs.
- Use just one nail wrap as an accent nail for that undercover o’ awesome look.
- Change your topcoat type from gloss vs. matte and spice up that cuticle life!
- Cut them in half to get a nerd manicure AND pedicure! It’s been done!
- Heat, sunlight, and time can shorten the life of your nail wraps. Add +75 vitality by storing them in our handy dandy Nerd Manicure Humidor!
- Simply peel them off to remove! A quick swab of coconut, vitamin E, or vegetable oil will dissolve any lingering adhesive.
- Don't be afraid to try them. They're really quite a cinch once you give them a go! Trust in the Nerd Misfits. Be one with the Nerd Misfits.
- Be excellent to each other!
- Mix and match for that “mash-up manicure”. Example: A set of “Smashing” nail wraps mixed up with a set of “Missing Piece” nail wraps. Like in this Tutorial Video!
A nail wrap humidor is a protective, airtight sleeve that will keep your nail wraps cozy and extend the duration of their lives. Much like vampires, our nail wraps shy away from direct sunlight and like to be stored in a cool, dry place for the best results. Say nevermore to dry, brittle nail wraps! Simply toss any remaining nail wraps from an opened package into the humidor and keep them nice and fresh for your next manicure venture! Find it here!
- Orders take 4-6 business days to process
- Processed orders ship Monday-Friday
- You will receive a shipment confirmation e-mail once your order ships
- It can take up to 24 hours following shipment for your tracking information to update in the system
An email with tracking information will be sent once an order has been shipped. You can also track your package from your Account page. Door-to-door tracking is not available for most international shipments.
Shipping rates are automatically calculated based on the items in your cart, and include a small handling fee.
SHIPPING MULTIPLE ORDERS
Multiple orders placed on the same day cannot be combined.
SHIPPING TO MULTIPLE LOCATIONS
Unfortunately, we cannot split up an order and ship to multiple locations. If you wish to send items to different locations, you will need to place a separate order for each shipping address.
Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to change the shipping address once an order goes into processing.
- Customs fees (taxes, duties, processing fees, brokerages fees, etc.) may be charged upon delivery and required to obtain your order.
- We are not able to mark orders as "gifts".
- We do not issue any refunds for customs fees, shipping, or the cost of your order should you refuse to pay the customs fees.
- Espionage Cosmetics has no way of estimating customs fees, taxes, duties, etc. Please contact your local customs office if you need to know more.
You will be provided with tracking information in your Shipment Confirmation email. Once a package leaves the United States, however, the United States Postal Service cannot track your order any further. We encourage you to contact your local postal service should you have any questions on the status of your order once it has left the U.S.A.
Nerd Misfit Support is standing by! Shoot us an email at Support@EspionageCosmetics.com and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.